4. And without these properly labeled documents…
5. … it’s increasingly difficult to do basic things like enroll in school, get a job, see a doctor, or vote.
7. “Too many countries force trans people to jump through demoralizing, unnecessary, or even impossible hoops to legally change their gender,” states program officer David Scarnell.
8. As the film puts it, “It’s impossible to condense the complex notion of identity into a single, unchangeable M or F.”
9. In conjunction with the short, a global guide on gender recognition laws was also released today.
License to Be Yourself documents the best and worst laws, policies and court decisions around the world. The report features case studies from Argentina, Australia, Hong Kong, Kenya, Ukraine, and the United States
10. Watch the entire short here:
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸