4. And without these properly labeled documents…
5. … it’s increasingly difficult to do basic things like enroll in school, get a job, see a doctor, or vote.
7. “Too many countries force trans people to jump through demoralizing, unnecessary, or even impossible hoops to legally change their gender,” states program officer David Scarnell.
8. As the film puts it, “It’s impossible to condense the complex notion of identity into a single, unchangeable M or F.”
9. In conjunction with the short, a global guide on gender recognition laws was also released today.
License to Be Yourself documents the best and worst laws, policies and court decisions around the world. The report features case studies from Argentina, Australia, Hong Kong, Kenya, Ukraine, and the United States
10. Watch the entire short here:
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- It's a tie! Jairam Hathwar and Nihar Janga are co-champions of the 2016 National Spelling Bee 🏆
- Here we go: Donald Trump has reached the number of delegates needed to be the Republican presidential nominee.