4. And without these properly labeled documents…
5. … it’s increasingly difficult to do basic things like enroll in school, get a job, see a doctor, or vote.
7. “Too many countries force trans people to jump through demoralizing, unnecessary, or even impossible hoops to legally change their gender,” states program officer David Scarnell.
8. As the film puts it, “It’s impossible to condense the complex notion of identity into a single, unchangeable M or F.”
9. In conjunction with the short, a global guide on gender recognition laws was also released today.
License to Be Yourself documents the best and worst laws, policies and court decisions around the world. The report features case studies from Argentina, Australia, Hong Kong, Kenya, Ukraine, and the United States
10. Watch the entire short here:
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- Less than 24 hours after AT&T announced an $85 billion deal to buy Time Warner, politicians are expressing skepticism and opposition.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.