4. And without these properly labeled documents…
5. … it’s increasingly difficult to do basic things like enroll in school, get a job, see a doctor, or vote.
7. “Too many countries force trans people to jump through demoralizing, unnecessary, or even impossible hoops to legally change their gender,” states program officer David Scarnell.
8. As the film puts it, “It’s impossible to condense the complex notion of identity into a single, unchangeable M or F.”
9. In conjunction with the short, a global guide on gender recognition laws was also released today.
License to Be Yourself documents the best and worst laws, policies and court decisions around the world. The report features case studies from Argentina, Australia, Hong Kong, Kenya, Ukraine, and the United States
10. Watch the entire short here:
- Athletes probably won't break records at the Rio Olympics. Scientists say most top performers have reached the limits of human biology.
- Bernie Sanders' former press secretary says she experienced repeated incidents of blatant racism while on the campaign trail.
- Sixteen people died after a hot air balloon caught fire and crashed in Texas Saturday.