4. And without these properly labeled documents…
5. … it’s increasingly difficult to do basic things like enroll in school, get a job, see a doctor, or vote.
7. “Too many countries force trans people to jump through demoralizing, unnecessary, or even impossible hoops to legally change their gender,” states program officer David Scarnell.
8. As the film puts it, “It’s impossible to condense the complex notion of identity into a single, unchangeable M or F.”
9. In conjunction with the short, a global guide on gender recognition laws was also released today.
License to Be Yourself documents the best and worst laws, policies and court decisions around the world. The report features case studies from Argentina, Australia, Hong Kong, Kenya, Ukraine, and the United States
10. Watch the entire short here:
- U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said he was not ready to endorse Donald Trump for president 🇺🇸
- UK election results are slowly trickling in, where there is a race for London mayor, a fight for the Scottish parliament, and council elections across England.
- A jury has found Lonnie Franklin Jr. guilty in the "Grim Sleeper" serial killings of 10 black women in Los Angeles.