1. As a freshman at Stanford she was outed by the college newspaper in a published interview… before she could tell her parents.
“I did an interview with the student newspaper about being one of the only two gay freshmen on campus. The mistake I made was that I had not come out to my parents.”- Rachel Maddow
6. Not everyone knows what she looks like:
On the game show Jeopardy, the contestants were prompted with, “This cable TV newswoman received a doctorate in politics from Oxford”, and none of the contestants could identify her even when a picture was displayed.
7. She is a very knowledgeable bartender.
“I love most rye, but if I had to pick a desert-island one, I would probably pick Michter’s. There’s a great one called ‘Pikesville’, too, but it’s really hard to find. I wouldn’t kick Sazerac 6 or Rittenhouse out of bed for eating crackers, though.” - Reddit AMA
15. She doesn’t consider herself an “Anchorbabe”.
Happy Birthday Rachel!
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.