It costs the coalition government £3,350 to kill each badger as part of its controversial badger cull. But what else could you do with the £3,350?
1. Give the badger five nights in this gorgeous flat in Mayfair that was spotted on Airbnb. £3,250.
2. Send a badger on a tour of London. It's only £25.50.
3. Send a badger for seven nights to this great hotel in Chatham. £999 – loads to spare.
Side point: Since this hotel's in Chatham, the badger could report on next week's Rochester and Strood by-election, where UKIP is expected to win its second MP. The badger could even stick around for the afterparty. Party with Nigel Farage? Who'd say no?
4. Let a badger experience Sydney! Less than £1,000 for the flights.
5. Send 142 badgers to the top of the Shard to stare out of the viewing platform. Only £25 each.
6. Let the badgers go on a trip to Paris for less than a couple of hundred quid.
7. What else? You could organise a school trip to London's cat café. Only £5 a head.
8. While we're at quirky cafés, they could go to the cereal café that's opening soon in Brick Lane.
9. Or, finally, just get each of the badgers a verified Twitter account. Free.
Siraj Datoo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Siraj Datoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.