2. Two gay couples in Canberra became the first same-sex people in Australia to tie the knot. Congrats Stephen Dawson and Dennis Liddelow!
Stephen Dawson (left) and Dennis Liddelow during their marriage outside Parliament House in Canberra. Photo: AAP/Alan Porritt
7. Getting married in the dark is EXCITING!!!
MT â€œ(One of) Australia’s first same sex marriage(s). Dennis & Stephen tie the knot in #CBR @abcnews â€ #JustMarried
8. There was great joy across the nation…
Congratulations to all the happy couples in Canberra tonight xx #justmarried #equality
Trying to think of a sarcastic tweet making fun of marriage equality haters, but can’t. Just happy for Dennis and Stephen in Canberra :)
So nice to look at the clock and know that Australia’s first gays are married under ACT legislation. Happy Weddingmas, Canberra!
#Canberra I love you and wish I were in you today to celebrate #marriageequality with you. So proud of my hometown #JustMarried
AU Marriage Equality
#Rainbows in #CBR! Telstra Tower flooded in colour! Our hashtag this weekend is #JustMarried #auspol
“A certificate on paper isn’t gonna solve it all
But it’s a damn good place to start”
The first #samesex marriage ceremonies in Australia are now underway in #Canberra. #marriageequality #cbr #ACT4equality
The ACT just became the first jurisdiction in Australia and the second in Asia to legalise same-sex marriage. http://t.co/kkzX3OnrFX #auspol
17. And hopes that where the ACT goes, the rest of Australia will follow.
Congratulations to all the couples finally marrying this week in #Canberra Hopefully the rest of Aus has #MarriageEquality soon #LoveIsLove
19. Instead of hellfire, the weather looked normal.
20. Turns out same-sex weddings are just the same as opposite-sex weddings. Who knew?
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.