OK, I know how it is. It seems like everyone is always screaming, "Watch Breaking Bad/Mad Men/The Wire." Well, I'm sorry because I'm gonna have to order you to watch another show.
It's a Norwegian show about high schoolers called Skam. And it will consume you. You will be Skam. Skam will be you. You will forget a time before Skam.
Dramatics aside (sorry, I'm a Leo), Skam means "shame" in Norwegian.
There have been three seasons so far, and each one has focused on a different character. Sesong 1 was focused around Eva, sesong 2 was about Noora, and sesong 3 was about Isak. And here are some reasons why you should binge-watch all three as soon as you can:
1. The series deals with a lot: relationships, friendships, religion, coming out, and more.
2. The dialogue is so well written, you'll wonder if the creator, Julie Andem, stole a teenager's brain.
3. The young actors could act their way around any Hollywood bigwig.
4. The friendships portrayed on the show are supportive and heartwarming.
Chris, Noora, Sana, Eva, and Vilde support each other no matter what — they're a group of outsiders who have banded together and help one another through pregnancy scares, boy troubles, and assault. And — avoiding some spoilers — Jonas, Magnus, and Mahdi prove to be great friends to Isak.
5. The chemistry between the actors is at level 🔥 🔥 🔥.
Romantic scenes are so tender but so hot that you think you're intruding on someone's private time.
6. Episodes are released in a truly addicting fashion.
7. And if you're not in Norway, the process gets even MORE insane.
8. And a truly shallow reason: The show has got some great style.
Maybe American teenagers dress like crap but the high schoolers on Skam kill it in the fashion department. Special shoutout to Eva's white coat and Sana's awesome makeup.