We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to share little ways their partners have helped them with their mental health. Here's what they had to say.
Keep in mind that while you could potentially do a lot to help your partner through the tough times and maybe even help manage their symptoms, mental health is incredibly complex. Be sure to reach out to a professional if you or a loved one could benefit from it.
1. Make them feel safe and heard.
2. Take classes that will help you understand what your partner is going through.
3. Help them do the things you know they really struggle with.
4. Deliver their favorite foods to them when you know they're having a shit day.
5. Remind them to take their medications and schedule therapy appointments.
6. Leave them sweet voicemails that they can listen to on those stressful days.
7. Help them get things done around the house when they're feeling overwhelmed.
8. Help them feel beautiful when they're having trouble remembering how.
9. Let them vent when they need it and really, truly listen.
10. Celebrate all their little victories with them and let them know how proud you are.
11. Give them a really tight hug when words won't suffice.
12. Hold their hand and try to keep them grounded during an anxiety attack.
13. Sing to them and try to calm them until the pain starts to fade away.
14. Try to get them to laugh when you can tell they're struggling.
15. Tell them it's okay to say no when they have too much on their plate.
16. Help them get their mind off things and bring them back to the moment.
17. Make them feel special by showing them you remember the little things about them.
18. Take them to a quiet, safe place and assure them it'll be okay when they have a panic attack.
19. Find ways to be supportive of their recovery in any way possible.
20. Practice coping skills with them.
21. Don't focus on fixing their problems — just try to help them feel better.
22. Remind them how wonderful and capable they are.
23. And, above all, make sure they know they're loved.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.