The amount of time between breakfast and lunch is way too long. But it doesn’t have to feel that way.
If you want to feel energized and full for longer, you should make sure to eat a nutritious breakfast with a lot of protein, Albert Matheny, R.D., C.S.C.S., and consultant for Naked Nutrition, tells BuzzFeed Life. He recommends that you eat at least 20 to 25 grams of protein in the morning. Everyone’s needs are different, of course, so that number might vary from person to person. For instance, Matheny recommends that active people who work out regularly should eat about a gram of protein per pound of body weight each day. (The USDA recommends a gram of protein per kilogram of bodyweight per day, in contrast). Either way, that 20 to 25 grams number might be a bit low for you.
Here’s a list of delicious, healthy breakfasts that all pack at least 20 grams of protein, so you can say good-bye to that hangry feeling.
11. Healthy Homemade Granola Parfait
Greek yogurt, raspberries, strawberries, dark chocolate, homemade granola, and coconut oil make this nutrient-loaded breakfast taste delicious. It also has around 30 grams of protein. Get the recipe here, via Yummy Healthy Easy.
Matheny recommended that an active person eat roughly 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight each day. The USDA recommends 1 gram of protein per kilogram of bodyweight. An earlier version of this post incorrectly stated Matheny’s recommendation.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into the nation's capital for the Women's March on Washington 👭 💖