1 cup sushi rice
2 cups pineapple juice
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 avocado, thinly sliced
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 package SeaPak coconut shrimp
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Fresh jalapeño and red chile pepper
- Bake shrimp according to package directions and set aside.
- Put sushi rice in rice cooker (or in a saucepan) along with pineapple juice until cooked (about 16–20 minutes).
- Mix hot rice with ½ of SEAPAK COCONUT SHRIMP orange sauce packet (thawed).
- Once rice has cooled, place mixture into a small baking sheet (8x10 or 9x12) lined with plastic wrap. Carefully press rice into the corners. Cool completely.
- Once rice has completely cooled, cut 1–1½-inch rounds. Dip 1 side into sesame seeds. Place back into refrigerator and chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Carefully sear rice rounds (being careful not to burn sesame seeds), about 6–8 minutes (until browned). Drain on paper towels.
- Mix remaining packet of orange sauce with mayonnaise.
- Place a small amount of mayo on top of rice cake, add slice of avocado, and top with shrimp.
- Garnish with thinly sliced jalapeño and red chile pepper.
- Serve with remaining sauce.