This Is The Way You Should Be Eating Your Potato Salad
This summer, make your potato salad more portable AND adorable.
Put potato salad inside your baked potatoes. Because you're a winner.
For everyone who has ever dreamed of eating potato salad with their hands, this is the future.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad Bites
Servings: 20-25 Potato Bites
For the potatoes:
5 pounds small/medium red potatoes, washed and dried
1 tablespoon salt
For the salad:
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup sour cream
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
½ cup cooked bacon, chopped
½ cup green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F / 190˚C
2. Add the potatoes to a large bowl. Pierce each a few times with a fork. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Rub to coat.
3. Place the potatoes on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes, until fork tender.
4. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool to the touch.
5. Cut the top third off of each potato, set aside. Using a melon baller or tablespoon, take a large rounded scoop out of the inside of the bottom ⅔ of the potato, set aside. Place the hollowed potato bottoms on a clean baking tray.
6. Chop the scooped out insides and the tops of the potatoes and place into a large mixing bowl.
7. Pour over the apple cider vinegar and toss to coat.
8. Add the black pepper, mayonnaise, sour cream, eggs, bacon, green onion, and mustard. Stir to coat.
9. Scoop the potato salad into the hollowed out potatoes. Refrigerate about 1 hour.
10. Just before serving, sprinkle with paprika. Enjoy!