This is Margaret. She was born in March at the Bronx Zoo. Isn’t she cute?
Here are 5 things to know about her:
1. She hasn’t officially been named yet, but the Bronx Zoo names all their female giraffes Margaret and all their male giraffes James, in memory of Mr. and Mrs. James Carter, benefactors for whom the Carter Giraffe Building is named.
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth.
5. Margaret was already nearly 6 feet tall at birth, and weighed more than 100 pounds.
Margaret just likes to have fun!
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺