This is Margaret. She was born in March at the Bronx Zoo. Isn’t she cute?
Here are 5 things to know about her:
1. She hasn’t officially been named yet, but the Bronx Zoo names all their female giraffes Margaret and all their male giraffes James, in memory of Mr. and Mrs. James Carter, benefactors for whom the Carter Giraffe Building is named.
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth.
5. Margaret was already nearly 6 feet tall at birth, and weighed more than 100 pounds.
Margaret just likes to have fun!
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- At least nine people have been killed after a fire broke out during a warehouse party late Friday night in Oakland, California.
- A public health expert says President-elect Mike Pence's resistance to needle exchanges during Indiana's HIV outbreak last year is the direct result of systemic failure.
- "I'm 21 so you can have it back!" This 23-year-old got her lost ID back in the mail, along with a hilarious thank you note 💌😂