This is Margaret. She was born in March at the Bronx Zoo. Isn’t she cute?
Here are 5 things to know about her:
1. She hasn’t officially been named yet, but the Bronx Zoo names all their female giraffes Margaret and all their male giraffes James, in memory of Mr. and Mrs. James Carter, benefactors for whom the Carter Giraffe Building is named.
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth.
5. Margaret was already nearly 6 feet tall at birth, and weighed more than 100 pounds.
Margaret just likes to have fun!
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.