This is Margaret. She was born in March at the Bronx Zoo. Isn’t she cute?
Here are 5 things to know about her:
1. She hasn’t officially been named yet, but the Bronx Zoo names all their female giraffes Margaret and all their male giraffes James, in memory of Mr. and Mrs. James Carter, benefactors for whom the Carter Giraffe Building is named.
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth
3. She was almost 6 feet tall at birth.
5. Margaret was already nearly 6 feet tall at birth, and weighed more than 100 pounds.
Margaret just likes to have fun!
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀