Using a simple mixture of vinegar and water can make your microwave sparkle. By utilizing the steam your microwave creates and a Scotch-Brite sponge, a simple wipe will clean any grime.
○ Mix ½ cup of each in a bowl together
○ Put in a toothpick or other wooden item (this helps to minimize the chance of splatter)
○ Heat for 5 mins
○ Let sit for 1 minute
○ Remove bowl with oven mitts
○ Wipe down the microwave with Scotch-Brite Sponge
Another simple combination of two household ingredients that can get your microwave looking brand new are water and lemon. Not only will they make your microwave shine, but the lemon will add a fresh citrus scent to get rid of any lingering smells. After steaming, simply wipe with a Scotch-Brite sponge and voila!
○ Fill bowl with ½ cup water.
○ Cut lemon in half Squeeze in and then put into bowl
○ Microwave 5 mins
○ Let sit for a minute
○ Wipe with Scotch-Brite Sponge
Your microwave’s turntable often gets the brunt of the mess, catching spill-overs and any residual food left behind Get it squeaky clean by removing the turntable from your microwave and soaking it in a simple mixture of water and baking soda and wiping clean with a Scotch-Brite Sponge
○ Make mixture of 2-part baking soda and 1-part water
○ Let sit on turntable for 5 mins
○ Wipe with wet Scotch-Brite sponge.