1. Always wrap gifts on a hard surface like a table or hard floor.
2. Measure carefully to make sure you're not using too much or too little paper.
3. Don't forget to wrap your gift upside-down so the seam is on the bottom.
4. Neat edges = a super-professional finish.
Fold the edges of the paper under and crease all the seams as you go by gently pinching between your fingers. For more tips on how to wrap a seamless gift, check out The Shabby Creek Cottage.
5. Use double-sided tape to secure the paper invisibly.
6. Add an awe-worthy bow to really wow your gift recipient.
7. If you're worried about matching up edges, try using a plain gift wrap like kraft or butch paper.
8. Upcycle materials you have lying around your home to add a unique touch.
9. Add cute personal twists to make an average-looking gift fabulous.
10. Package odd-shaped gifts — or food — in old chip canisters.
11. Or put unusually shaped gifts in cute homemade bags.
See how simple these are to make at Donuts, Dresses and Dirt.