1. The world health community came together to eradicate one of the most devastating diseases ever known.
2. We can restore sight to the blind.
3. Life expectancy in the UK has doubled in the space of just 170 years.
4. Scientists have grown a liver using stem cells.
5. 3D printing has been used to aid a successful organ transplant.
6. We can replace a mutated gene causing disease with a healthy one.
7. A paralysed man is walking again.
8. We can stop an epidemic in its tracks.
9. People with HIV now live longer, and with a much better quality of life than they ever have before.
10. Heart disease deaths have dropped by 40% in a decade.
11. Technology is revolutionising surgery.
12. More than 5 million babies have been born thanks to IVF.
Life is a health journey. In the UK, each individual faces health challenges, big and small, lifelong or momentary. We at Sanofi want to continue the incredible progress made over the years to protect, enable, and support people facing health challenges, so they can live life to its full potential. Discover how we Empower Life in the UK.
All images via Getty / iStock.