2. The magical gossip columnist provides some saucy insights into the post-Deathly Hallows lives of some of our favorite characters.
3. But Potter fans have been #BLESSED yet again, because Rowling has penned even more new Potter content for the website.
4. This time, readers get a “live-blog” of the Quidditch World Cup from Ginny Weasley, writing for The Daily Prophet, and Rita again.
5. This is Harry Potter fans everywhere:
6. Sorry, Professor Snape, but this is some VERY exciting news.
7. Spoiler alert: Bulgaria beats Brazil 170-60, but the real winners are Harry Potter fans worldwide.
8. If you don’t have a free Pottermore account (AND YOU REALLY SHOULD) you can read a transcript of the matches’ events here.
In the most grievous of errors, a previous version of this post incorrectly stated Brazil beat Bulgaria in the Quidditch match. Ten points have been deducted from Gryffindor as such.
- Iraq's prime minister has ordered the arrest of anti-government protesters who breached Baghdad's fortified "Green Zone" and occupied the parliament building.
- Daniel J. Berrigan, an American priest and poet famous for leading anti-Vietnam War protests, has died at the age 94.
- U.S. President Barack Obama zinged the media and presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸