1. You gotta decide who's real and who's fake, because the fake ones will screw you over EVERY TIME.
2. Adorably introduce yourself and try to charm them with your not-as-dull-as-it-was-last-summer personality.
3. It worked! Now you get to kiss them all the time!
4. You can do super cutesy stuff like look at each other longingly in public.
5. But then you hear rumors that they might be fling-ing with someone else.
6. And then they hang out right in your face!
7. Take in the shock. How dare they!
8. Give yourself a minute to wallow.
9. Give yourself another minute to wallow in the rain, specifically.
10. Be happy that you don't have to cook for two anymore! Less dishes!
11. OK, be a little sad about eating alone.
12. Whatever. Get ready to get back out there. Summer isn't a time to be sad, it's a time to...
13. ...Be fabulous!
Watch the livecam — made possible by the Audubon Society — to see a baby puffin in its burrow on Hog Island, Maine.
It will probably fledge some time this week, which means you can watch it grow up before your very eyes!