My dear friends, by this point you probably know that the word taco is not, in any way, a representation of Taco Bell's diarrhea-inducing dishes. Taco is a dish conformed by any ingredient folded into a tortilla, be it meat, beans, rice, even noodles!
When you come to visit my beautiful country, you might find yourself on the street looking at all these shady-looking taco carts and places. Travelers beware, not all taco "dealers" are the same. If you are brave enough to try the urban cuisine, here are a few pointers:
1. Cheap tacos are lousy tacos
2. Unless accompanied by a local, choose a taco place that is properly built
3. The more the merrier
4. The "pastor" taco
5. The "suadero" taco.
6. The "bistec" taco
7. Try a "gringa" or a "quesadilla"
8. Onion and Cilantro toppings
10. Red and Green Salsa
11. Wash it down with some "Boing!"
12. Leave a tip, and have a mint
This is just a quick list I thought of after taking some friends from the U.S., on a night tour through the streets of my city. If I missed something, by all means let me know in the comments and we can help expand this list to better enjoy your chow time here in beautiful Mexico.