28 Cleaning Products Reviewers Say They Wish They’d Bought Sooner
I have a feeling that once you buy these, you'll be saying the same thing.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A portable carpet and upholstery cleaner that boasts strong spray and suction so cleaning stubborn stains will feel effortless. Messes left behind by pets or small children shouldn't mean permanently ruined carpets, furniture, or car interiors.
Promising review: "I wish I would have ordered this sooner. It has removed stains that I thought were permanent. When my son moved out, I discovered an old red wine stain under his bedside table that had likely been there for years. No trace of it remains. So easy to use!" —Kristi Rector
Get it from Amazon for $119.99.
2. Dishwasher cleaning tablets so the machine you rely on to clean the things you use to eat isn't gunking them up even more.
These tablets remove odor-causing residue and help get rid of lime and mineral buildup that naturally occurs inside dishwashers. The tablet is designed to last throughout the entire wash cycle, and is recommended for use about once a month. These are safe to use in stainless-steel tub and plastic tub dishwashers.
Promising review: "I can kick myself for not using this product sooner. I have appliances that are on the newer side. The hard water and mineral buildup in our water has been very hard on my dishwasher and washing machine. I had them cleaned and started using this product. It is worth every dime. No more buildup and hopefully my expensive appliances will last for years to come." —Lisa Pizza
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $8.99.
3. And while you're at it, a pack of washing machine cleaning tablets ensure the appliance responsible for cleaning your clothes is in tip-top shape.
These are safe to use with front-load washing machines and top-load washing machines, and both high efficiency and conventional machines. Recommended to use once a month!
Promising review: "I wish I'd discovered this sooner. My front load washing machine never seemed to dry out after use like a top loader does. I'd gotten to where I'd leave the door open for a while and even wipe it out to try to help. This cleaner works great and my machine looks and smells fresh after use. I will use these on a regular basis from now on." —Graysonian
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $11.98.
4. Melamine cleaning sponges — extra thick, but gentle sponges that'll readily tackle all sorts of surfaces in and around your home. They're described as "magic" for a reason.
All you gotta do is wet and swipe!
Promising review: "I'm upset with myself that I did not find this product sooner. I run a professional cleaning business, and have been using the name brand for some time. With the name brand, I had to pick and choose where I used it because they do not last for more than one super dirty bathtub, or one part of a wall, or one part of the fridge. With this product, I was able to clean AN ENTIRE HOUSE WITH ONE SPONGE. And this house was DIRTY. This has seriously saved me so much money, time, and headaches." —Fifi
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $11.95.
5. A jewelry cleaning pen to get your precious gems looking brand-new with a quick pen swipe.
Promising review: "This product worked amazingly well and I’m very pleased with the results. My diamonds look brighter and clearer, and like they just got professionally cleaned. Don’t delay, just buy it. I wish I had sooner! The diamonds actually look like a better quality. I’m buying for everyone I know that loves their jewelry like I do." —SanDiegoPanda
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $15.99.
6. Wet & Forget, a super simple cleaner for spraying in your shower/tub once a week. The best part? You don't have to scrub...like...at all. Just rinse it the next day and you're good to go. I know, I know, I'm crying tears of joy, too.
Promising review: "I was skeptical at first, but this product exceeded my expectations! I've used it once a week for the last couple of months, and my shower has remained impeccably clean without any need for scrubbing. My bathroom counter had a weird black residue that regular cleaners and scrubbing couldn't remove. After the first application, most of the residue came off with light scrubbing, and after the second application, all of it was gone. I wish I'd discovered this spray sooner!" —Claire W.
Get it from Amazon for $17.92.
7. A stain and odor remover to make quick work of messes and unpleasant smells left behind by fur babies. An immaculately clean carpet AND a wonderful snuggle buddy? Yes, you can have both!
Rocco & Roxie is is a family-owned small business that sells all sorts of great pet products like collars and leashes, shampoos, and small-batch treats!
Promising review: "My first reaction was this is an absurd price for a cleaner. But the reviews were so good (and I was a bit desperate). I figured I'd try one bottle. Now I get it. This is the real deal, even if it's pricey. One of our cats was peeing outside the box every single day. The smell, the mess, and endless cleaning were really stressing me out. I sprayed down the whole area with R&R, then used it regularly for a couple of days. It took the smell away and she's suddenly stopped peeing there. No pee outside the box since we started using it. I wish I'd gotten it sooner." —JRK
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
8. A pumice toilet bowl ring remover so you can easily scratch away at those yucky stains without leaving behind scratch marks in the bowl.
Promising review: "This thing is awesome. It got rid of hard water lines in the toilet bowl. No matter what I used to clean the toilet bowl, I was always left with a ring. It made it look like I didn't clean well enough. I decided to take a chance on this and I am glad I did. It worked miracles in seconds. I kept wetting it during cleaning in attempts to avoid any scratching. I haven't noticed any damage thankfully! I highly recommend this product for people with stubborn stains. I only wish I found this sooner." —Kim
Get it from Amazon for $11.15.
9. A hard-water stain remover to help clean stubborn messes and restore your surfaces to brand new condition.
This helps eliminate hard water stains, rust, and limescale from things like shower doors, shower stalls, shower glass, windshields, windows, glass, barbecues, chrome, tile, toilets, granite, steel, fiberglass, pools, bath tubs, sinks, granite, marble, chrome, boats, autos, brass, stone, metals, porcelain, brass, alumnium, stainless steel, hard vinyl, and more!
Promising review: "Bottom line: I wish I found this product sooner. I have been battling hard water stains on my glass surround shower for years. I have tried scrubbing furiously with every product imaginable to no avail. My husband and I tried this product today and it worked so quickly. I applied it with a rag using a circular motion, and he followed behind me with the drill brush attachment. In no time at all, the glass was clear again. What a relief! I will definitely purchase again!" —Cat
Get it from Amazon for $19.76.
10. A carpet cleaning solution for those whose home deserves a million-dollar-looking floor...for under $20, that is.
Sunny & Honey is a family-run small biz that sells home cleaning products. This stuff both cleans AND deodorizes carpets. It can be used in pretty much all machines — Hoover, Bissell, Rug Doctor, Kenmore, Carpet Express. The solution works on all water-safe surfaces like carpets, rugs, furniture, and automobiles. Plus, it's biodegradable and nontoxic.
Promising review: "LOVE! Scent is amazing! So clean and fresh. Worked great in my shampooer. My only regret is not trying it sooner!" —Kt
Get it from Amazon for $16.97.
11. A jetted bathtub cleaner — just fill up your luxurious bath, add a quarter of the bottle, watch it work its magic by removing gross residue, and drain the tub to find it sparkly and clean.
Each bottle cleans about four times, and it's septic-safe! Only takes about 15 minutes to clean!
Promising review: "If it has been a while since your tub has been deep cleaned: be prepared. Use it once and you will want to do another cleaning immediately. This stuff worked so well that it absolutely makes you regret not using it sooner." —kathy
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
12. A rust stain remover spray you can basically think of as fairy pixie dust in a bottle. I mean, just look at the photos below. Point proven. Case closed. Onto the next one.
It comes in an easy-to-use trigger spray and is ideal for cleaning bathtubs, showers, toilets, colorfast fabrics, vertical surfaces, and hard-to-reach spots. Plus, it's nonabrasive, and made with non-hydrofluoric acid based formula which is safer than other similar liquid rust stain removers.
Promising review: "HOLY MOLY! I had been using Lime-A-Way for my iron-stained shower/tub, but found it to be taking off the top clear protective coat. I wanted something that could get rid of the yellow/brown staining, but keep the tub and shower shiny. THIS STUFF IS AMAZING! I wish I had known about it sooner. I just used it on our toilet that has years of rust stains I haven’t been able to get out — it looks brand new!" —Amy Holladay
Get it from Amazon for $4.98.
13. A carpet spot remover spray that'll clean stains so fast and easy, Stanley Steemer is going to start plugging YOUR phone number in their catchy jingles.
Good for removing spots and stains from colorfast carpet, rugs, upholstery, and clothing without leaving a sticky residue or needing to rinse or vacuum. To use, apply to the stain, gently agitate with your fingers, and blot with absorbent cloth. This is non-toxic and should be non-irritating on the skin!
Promising review: "I don’t know what magic potion is in this stuff, but it’s taking years-old stains right out of our carpeting! Spray, give it a little scrub with a nail brush, blot it, and done. Can’t believe I didn’t know about it sooner!" —Maura W.
Get it from Amazon for $12.10.
14. A power scrubbing cleaning kit you can attach to your drill and get to work making your living space look brand freakin' new.
Comes with three different sizes and shapes of brushes. The bristles won't scratch and are good to use on tubs, sinks, baseboards, fiberglass shower enclosures, shower door tracks, and porcelain. BTW, the drill isn't included, but you can find a bunch of great ones on Amazon!
Promising review: "I wish I had thought of purchasing this sooner! I cleaned my shower grout with it earlier and it was so much easier than scrubbing with a rag!! It fit into corners easily and the different attachments helped get the different surfaces in my shower. Love this and highly recommend. Fit my drill no problem." —Delaney Wragg
Get it from Amazon for $14.95+ (available in different brush stiffnesses).
15. A makeup brush cleansing shampoo that'll help clean those things you use to apply cosmetics to your precious FACE. Because makeup buildup is yucky, and we don't want you to have spend money on new brushes and sponges!
This brush cleaning shampoo is paraben-, phthalates-, petroleum-, and perfume-free. It's also hypoallergenic, dermatologist-tested, water-based, and made with gentle, plant-based ingredients, because after all, your makeup brushes are used on your face, so you want to be sure you're cleaning them with a natural, safe product
Promising review: "This stuff is amazing, and I wish I would've bought it sooner. I had brushes I thought were clean until I used this. It was amazing how much dirt it got out. You need very little of it to go a long way. The smell is amazing, too. It leaves my brushes soft after they dry as well. Best decision I've ever made." —Marie Schieren
Get it from Amazon for $7.99.
16. Lifting pads you can just press down into rug stains — ya know, things from pets, spilled drinks, blood, dirt, and more. Keep it there for up to 24 hours and say, "Adios, stains!"
Promising review: "I wish I knew about these sooner! They are seriously a game-changer for anyone who owns pets and deals with pet messes. They lifted stains out of our carpet that we thought would be permanent. So much easier to use than any sprays, too. If you own pets, do yourself a favor and buy these!!" —Laura
Get a pack of 20 from Amazon for $24.99.
17. A box of OxiClean versatile stain remover — it'll become your go-to in the stain-fighting department. No matter what the stain is, or where it happened, there is nothing this stuff isn't prepared to battle.
All you need is water to activate the formula for effective cleaning!
Promising review: "'I had a stained mattress that I'd been covering with a mattress pad for years. As I was preparing for a move, I decided to give OxiClean a try and see if it could remove the stains that had been there for well over SEVEN YEARS. I honestly don't even know what caused the stains, but OxiClean removed them. I honestly can't believe the results. I wish I'd done this sooner!" —Little Greek
Get it from Amazon for $12.98.
18. Bar Keepers Friend soft cleanser that'll help you get a bunch of surfaces and objects in your home looking as good, if not better, than the day you purchased them.
For those who are fans of the Bar Keepers Friend Classic Cleanser and Polish, this delivers the same results, but in a pre-mixed formula to make for a quicker clean. It works well against rust stains, tarnish, mineral deposits, soap scum, and indoor and outdoor grime, and is especially good on the following surfaces: stainless steel, brass, bronze, copper alloys, aluminum, ceramic, porcelain, glass, and Corian. Recommended to use in the kitchen (sinks, cookware, stove cooktops and exteriors, oven door windows, non-stone countertops, and plates to buff out knife marks), bathroom (sinks, bathtubs, showers, faucets, toilets, tile, and grout), and outdoors (rust stains, grills, vehicles, siding, and sporting equipment).
Promising review: "This cleanser is a miracle worker. My pots are looking like new again. Sure, you still need to put in a little effort in the physical scrubbing department, but this cleanser helps to melt the grease off of the pots so the scrubbing is easier. I love this and wish I had found this sooner." —Amazon Customer
Get a pack of two from Amazon for $16.984.
19. A SpotBot hands-free stain cleaner so scrubbing up pet messes can now be a thing of the past. All you have to do is press the button, sit back, and relax.
Promising review: "Works great! I should have purchased this sooner so I wouldn't have had to pay for a company to come in and clean my carpets. This cleaned set-in stains and messes quickly and easily. Much easier to use than bulky vacuum cleaners. Keeps up with five cats and a white carpet." —L. Brice
Get it from Amazon for $194.54.
20. A cooktop cleaning kit because look: you're using this thing to make your meals, so naturally it's going to get dirty. Sometimes things fall out of the pot, sometimes things splatter from the pan, and sometimes burns happen because you're too busy dancing to the Jonas Brothers and forgot about your pasta... Not speaking from personal experience!
Comes with a 10-ounce bottle of cooktop cleaner, a cleaning pad, and a scraper. It helps to clean grease, stains, and remove burnt and baked-on deposits.
Promising review: "I had tried four different cleaners before discovering this one and I wish I would have found it sooner! All of that caked-on liquid that runs out of the pans and burns into the stovetop while you’re cooking?? This removes all of it. It doesn’t scratch your glass top stovetop and it leaves it looking brand new. I won’t ever buy another cleaner — this is it for me!" —Christine
Get it from Amazon for $10.85.
21. A watermark remover cloth to get rid of those annoying ring stains on your furniture. You warned your family to use a coaster but, of course, they didn't listen!
Cloth is reusable, and can be used to remove marks on wood caused by water, alcohol, and heat. It can also be used to polish metal and chrome.
Promising review: "I wish I would have found this sooner and I wish I would have taken a before and after photo. It really works!!! Holy cow! I have had a watermark on my most expensive piece of furniture I own for the last five years. I read about this product and thought why not try it. To my absolute refreshing astonishment, it worked! It took three minutes of rubbing the mark with the cloth in all different directions and the spot disappeared. I am soooo grateful!" —M Simpson
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
22. A universal cleaning gel perfect for getting rid of dust, hairs, crumbs, and more from things like technology items and your car. It's like playing with slime WHILE cleaning, so it's a win-win.
23. A stationary vacuum you can basically think of as a the coolest dust pan in the world. Clean floors have never been so easy to achieve.
After debris is collected into the vacuum's canister, an indicator light will turn on to let you know when the canister is full and ready to be emptied out. Pull the canister out and dump debris into the trash without spilling crumbs and dirt everywhere.
Promising review: "My only complaint about this product is that I didn't buy it sooner! I got this as a Christmas gift and it has been AMAZING! Because we have dogs I have to sweep our kitchen and entryway multiple times daily. I used to sweep it outside or vacuum everything up. The touchless vacuum has worked perfectly! It's extremely easy to use, lightweight, and has surprisingly very strong power that always sucks up every last spec of dirt. My pups walk right by it multiple times daily and never set it off. Must have item for daily sweepers!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $129 (available in four colors).
24. Cleaning K-Cups for the easiest, fastest way to get your beloved Keurig in the clean condition it should always be in to brew your favorite hot beverage.
All you have to do is put one of these babies in like you would with any other K-Cup, brew one large cycle, watch dirty water get cleaned out, throw the pod away, and then return to brewing your faves.
Promising review: "I had not cleaned my Keurig in a very long time. The coffee went from tasting pretty good to awful. Undrinkable really. I bought these pods and it was easy to clean. I had to run the water through five times to get it to run clear and look good, but it was worth it. The coffee smells and tastes like it should. I wish I had found this sooner. I was ready to throw the Keurig away, but now I don't have to!" —nyjocool
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $9.95.