1. Let running teach you how to persevere and tough it out when things get rough.
2. Train for an obstacle race that makes you feel superhuman.
3. Sign up for a race that's very *you.*
4. Use it to get out all your stress and anger and frustrations.
5. Go explore some legit cool places.
6. Actually celebrate every time you break a personal record.
7. Use running as a kind of therapy to process stuff.
8. Go watch a marathon and marvel at how freaking awesome everyone is.
9. Or just sign up for a half-marathon on a whim and see what happens.
10. Use running as your alone time — where you're in total control and can do/think whatever you want.
11. Make it your excuse to take a very cool and memorable trip.
12. Use it to feel amazing in your body.
13. Make it the thing you bond with someone over.
14. Celebrate your precious downtime with a few minutes of running.
15. Familiarize yourself with a new place by taking a run.
16. Do it to support a cause you care about.
17. Use it to feel how damn strong you are.
18. Or, heck, just do it for the post-run euphoria.
Responses have been edited for clarity and length.