6. “There’s a stereotype that all runners are skinny, and that’s just not the case,” the magazine’s editor-in-chief, Jessica Sebor, told Today.com.
She continued: “Runners come in all shapes and sizes. You can go any race finish line, from a 5K to a marathon, and see that. It was important for us to celebrate that.”
“I think that every woman goes to the magazine rack sometimes and feels like she can’t see herself in the cover images,” Sebor said. “We wanted our readers to feel like they could see themselves in our cover.”
7. Which is why people were excited and emotional to see Schenk on the cover.
13. “Some women believe that since they have curves they can’t run or shouldn’t run,” Schenk said.
14. But a person doesn’t have to look any particular way to be a runner.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.
- "The Great Liberation Of France" is a private chat room that Trump Supporters are using to manipulate French voters 💬👀