11 Exercises That Will Make Your Abs Cry
That stronger core you've always wanted? Just learn these moves and do them regularly.
Incredible core? Abs-olutely.
No one doesn't want a stronger core. That's why BuzzFeed Life asked Rob Sulaver, C.S.C.S, personal trainer and founder of Bandana Training, to tell us his favorite exercises for building better abs. He came up with 11 awesome, crunch-free moves that you can do whether you're a fitness beginner or a more experienced exerciser.
Be sure to scroll down for important info on how perform these moves and incorporate them into your current routine, thanks to Sulaver and fitness expert Holly Perkins, C.S.C.S, founder of Women's Strength Nation.
1. Side Plank from Knee
3. Single-Leg Plank
4. Russian Twist
5. Stability Ball Hands To Feet
6. Plank Rollout
7. Knee-Up With Feet On Towel
8. Circle With Feet On Towel
9. Circle On Stability Ball
10. Prone Pike with Stability Ball
11. Bandana Sit-Up
How to perform these exercises:
1. For any exercise that require movement: Start with 8 to 10 repetitions, and do 3 sets per workout. If 8 to 10 reps feels super doable, go for 12 to 16 reps. If you can do more than that pretty easily, move on to a more challenging exercise.
2. For moves that require a hold: Start with 30 seconds and keep adding 5 seconds until you're challenged. Never hold a position to the point of failure; stop holding when you feel you can no longer keep proper form.
3. Proper form and full range of motion are more important than how many reps you can do or how long you can hold a position. To get the most out of every exercise, and to minimize risk of injury, be sure to master the movements before challenging yourself by increasing reps or time, or experimenting with a more advanced exercise.