Coffee, obviously, is an elixir brewed in the kitchen of heaven. And sleep is a gift bestowed on us by the creator himself.
OR DO THEY?
Once you know how caffeine and sleep work individually, coffee naps actually make a lot of sense.
So, the idea behind the coffee nap is that it combines coffee's adenosine blocking with sleep's adenosine clearing.
If you're convinced, intrigued, or just desperate, here's how to execute a proper coffee nap.
1. Plan your coffee nap for early afternoon.
2. Get the caffeine dose right.
3. Consider drinking espresso instead of brewed coffee.
4. Nap for no more than 20 minutes.
5. Even if a full-on nap isn't feasible, all hope is not lost.
Oops. Something went wrong. Please try again later
Looks like we are having a problem on the server.
So, think you'll try a coffee nap?
vote votesNah, sounds like too much effort.
vote votesNo, but I think I'll try a coffee rest.
vote votesNo, but I will try an early afternoon power nap.
vote votesYeah, sounds promising.
vote votesAny reason to drink more coffee and sleep in the middle of the day is worth trying.
vote votesI already take coffee naps!