Keeping your body in a straight line from head to heels with your toes on the ground, reach your arms to your sides and, bending at the elbow, push up on your hands, using your abs to get you into position.
- Keep your head in line with your spine.
- Keep your feet together.
- Open your fingertips outward.
- Try to stay on or close to your fingertips.
- Keep your shoulders strong and supportive.
- Sag through your upper body and shoulders.
- Allow your head to drop placing strain on the neck.
- Allow your lower back to sag.
Make it easier
- Activate your legs without locking your knees.
- Use short breaths to "fuel" the holding position.
- Adjust the distance between your hands to make this exercise easier.