Ready, Set, Redecorate: Here Are 37 Ways To Upgrade Your Home
Consider this your audition for an HGTV makeover show.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Want to feel like you're at a fancy spa every time you step into your shower? Use these reusable dispenser bottles that come with labels and the necessary wall-mounting supplies to give your bathroom a uniform, high-end look.
2. One of the easiest ways to give your living space an upgrade is through soft accessories like pillows and throws. Consider this 100% cotton boho throw for draping over sofas and chairs.
3. Black metal is a material you always see on the "after" shots on HGTV, and it's mostly through lighting and kitchen hardware. This wall-mounted sconce that plugs into an electrical outlet is a great way to get that look without the hefty price tag of a costly sconce that requires an electrician to install.
4. If you want to achieve a farmhouse aesthetic, this 100% jute rug is a great place to start. Natural rugs — jute, sisal, seagrass, etc. — are super soft underfoot and easy to spot clean.
5. Give your space a new scent with a flannel candle that'll channel autumn and winter vibes. It's a soft but bold fragrance with notes of vanilla, caramel, cinnamon, amber, tonka, smokey woods, and musk. And let's be honest: The whole aesthetic of this candle is *chef's kiss*. It just looks so...clean.
6. If you want to add some texture and pattern to your space, do it with a set of three modern pillow covers that are all different designs that work together super well. The neutral tones mean they look good year-round, too!
7. Give your stairs a major upgrade by using a set of removable tile decals. They come in a roll just like tape, so you slap them on your risers and — boom! — you're done.
8. Move over, fiddle-leaf figs! There's a new fave in town. If you've opened a design magazine or turned on HGTV lately, you probably have seen an olive tree or two strategically placed somewhere. Use this faux olive tree to achieve the same look, minus the maintenance of a live one.
9. Give your dining room a makeover with a pair of Louis XVI–style dining chairs for ultimate Parisian vibes. Trust me, this style of chair usually goes for thousands of dollars a pop, but these particular ones are a set of two for between $200 and $300. This is a great deal if you're loving this look.
10. Make old furniture look new with a budget-friendly DIY project. Use this damask-pattern peel-and-stick wallpaper to add new life to an old dresser or nightstand.
11. Make your living room or den look like something from a museum with a wireless library light. Each light is battery operated and controlled by a remote.
12. Short on space but want to create a useful and beautiful focal point? This velvet-upholstered accent chair with an ottoman that slides right underneath it will do the trick. Its compact size means it's great for homes that have limited space.
13. Love art and watching TV? Don't have enough wall space for both? Get a Samsung TV that'll disguise itself as an elegant picture frame when it's not in use. The art available in the preinstalled app is collected from various time periods (575 CE to 2021) and includes Ancient, Renaissance, Baroque, Impressionism, Postimpressionism, and Contemporary art.
14. Create a gallery wall with a set of eight framed pieces of art in various sizes. The themed art will create a cohesive look without being too matchy. Bonus: This kit comes with a sheet of paper that shows popular layout options, so you don't have to spend hours going, "OK, so where should THIS one go?!??!?!"
15. Use this super-thin electric fireplace that's designed to mount directly on the wall — no construction required — to add ambience to your living space. It comes with a remote control that lets you adjust the flame colors and speed and set a timer.
16. If you have a bathroom with outdated cabinet pulls or knobs, consider swapping them out for something that's on trend yet timeless, like these black matte-steel cabinet pulls. If you rent, simply put the old ones in a shoebox or bag under the sink so you can swap them back in when it's time to move out.
17. Want to give the illusion of someone who thrifts or antiques like it's their job? Try this set of nine unique votive holders that come with a wooden display tray. People will be very impressed by your "curation."
18. Hang up a beautiful gold tulip framed print for an elegant piece of wall decor that will instantly elevate the space to make it a whole lot classier.
19. Your amazing collections of books, photos, candles, and succulents deserve a gorgeous display case that doesn't cost a fortune, so try this metal-and-wood wall-mounted ladder bookcase because it checks all those boxes. I actually have these in my own house, and because they mount to the wall they feel extra sturdy.
20. Update the space above your kitchen island or dining area with a pendant light with major mid-century modern vibes. It comes in a variety of colors, so there's really something for everyone.
21. Bump up the class with an extremely posh Diana the Huntress bust. It's 12" tall and can be used as an art piece or, you know, somewhere to place your sunglasses when you're not wearing them.
22. Want to add instant glamour to any room? This set of two gold lamps will do the trick. And they come with light bulbs, so that's one less thing for you to do.
23. Add a peel-and-stick subway tile backsplash to your kitchen to create a more finished look. These are extra great if you're a renter — they don't damage the wall at all if you ever need to remove them.
24. Your pampered pooch deserves the world, and a good place to start is with a designated jar specifically for their treats. Because this one says "woof" on it, it'll never be mistaken for a cookie jar.
25. It's important to have a dedicated space if you do any work from home, but sometimes that's difficult if you have limited square footage. Try this small writing desk with a side pocket for getting tasks done without taking up too much space. There are nine wood finishes available, but this particular brown gives it an expensive reclaimed wood look.
26. If you need a chair that pulls double duty — aka something that is an office chair and also a side chair for your living space — this velvet statement chair is a good choice. It's super glam, and reviewers say you can sit in it for eight-plus hours without becoming uncomfortable.
27. Update your space with a colorful area rug that'll add some cheerful and cozy vibes to your space. It's amazing how much a rug can transform a room!
28. A well-organized fridge is such a feast for the eyes, and this set of fridge organization labels that has a ton of font, size, and color options is the perfect way to achieve that look.
29. If you want a coffee table that's trendy *and* timeless, consider a faux-marble coffee table that uses the two most popular finishes right now: marble and brass.
30. Booze can have beautiful bottles and glassware should be shown off, which is why you should get this compact round glass and gold bar cart. This small but mighty cart has racks for bottles or stemware underneath the top shelf, built-in storage for three bottles on the bottom shelf, and casters that can lock when you're done moving it around.
31. When it comes to blocking out sunlight, you don't need to sacrifice aesthetics for practicality. A panel of these velvet blackout curtains will do the trick, all while looking fantastic.
32. Keep things organized and pretty with a brass and aged-leather storage rack and hooks. Cleaning supplies never looked so good.
33. Use peel-and-stick removable wallpaper to create a faux-reclaimed-wood accent wall for a fraction of the price of installing costly real wood. Simply cut the paper to your wall's size and stick on. It's really that easy.
34. Make sure you're cocktailing in style with this 24-piece cocktail set. There's a lot of pieces to this set, and each one has a special place in the holder, so you won't have to sift through a drawer looking for the corkscrew next time you want to crack open a bottle of vino.
35. Want a beaded chandelier but without spending a small fortune? Try this beaded bohemian chandelier. It's also quite big, so if you have tall ceilings or a big room, it'll fill out the space nicely and to scale.
36. One of the best ways to give your bathroom a major upgrade without spending a ton of money is to swap out old and tired lighting for new pieces. This farmhouse-inspired three-lamp wall sconce will do the trick.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.