1. Mia Matsumiya has received many supportive messages from fans following her career as a violinist. But for the last 10 years, she’s also been receiving something else: creepy, abusive, and harassing messages from strangers.
5. Later, when she used Myspace to promote her band’s music, she received unwarranted attention both online and offline. Today, she’s documenting all the abusive messages she’s received – from back then to now – on her Instagram account.
6. “I received an insane number of creepy messages the whole time I was in that band,” she said. “I thought for sure that the messages were going to stop at some point, but they’ve persisted to this day.”
9. “When the police arrested him at the public library, he was found with a hard drive containing a bunch of pictures of me and hundreds of pages of stories he had written about stalking and raping me. It was really terrifying.”
15. She added: “I’ve also had a lot of terrified men message me things along the lines of, ‘Hey, I think I may have written you something sort of weird seven years ago. I’m really sorry about that.’ They’re scared I’m going to post their old messages.”