Treasurer Joe Hockey has declared that speaker Bronwyn Bishop's $5000 tax ride doesn't pass "the sniff test," which, apparently, is an actual thing in Canberra.
1. When you sniff public transport.
2. When you sniff a slightly dodgy travel claim and you just have to say something.
3. When it's been a long campaign but you sniff victory.
4. When you sniff your mortal enemy.
6. When you sniff some great Australian livestock.
7. When you sniff betrayal in the air.
8. When you smelt it but you didn't dealt it.
9. When you sniff a sweet deal.
10. When you just have to sniff the hand of the speaker.
11. When you think you sniff a surplus but you trippin'.
12. When you sniff your tertiary education reform slipping away.
Rob Stott is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney.
Contact Rob Stott at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.