1. DON'T: Stare — it’s creepy.
DO: Look away to consider your answers before speaking.
2. DON'T: Tap your feet.
Do: Keep your feet still.
3. DON'T: Hide your hands.
DO: Steeple your fingers.
4. DON'T: Extend your hand palm down like you're royalty.
DO: Present your hand tilted slightly upward.
5. DON'T: Furrow your brows as if the interviewer took the last piece of cake.
DO: Slightly raise your eyebrows.
6. DON'T: Sit facing your interviewer straight on as if it's a showdown.
DO: Angle your chair slightly.
7. DON'T: Cross your arms.
DO: Almost anything else.
8. DON'T: Hunch your shoulders. Your mother taught you better.
DO: Sit up straight with your chest *slightly* forward.
9. DON'T: Smile too much. Or frown too much.
DO: Mirror your interviewer's facial expressions.
10. DON'T: Duckface.
DO: Keep your mouth and jaw relaxed.
All images © Dan Blaushild, Abbey Lossing / BuzzFeed