Skip Take-Out And Make This Flavorful Quinoa "Fried Rice"
You're going to want to put this one on the menu.
Quinoa Fried Rice
Here's a video showing you how:
1 cup uncooked quinoa (roughly 3 cups cooked quinoa)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
8 ounces mushrooms
12 ounces broccoli florets
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 cup peas
4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 scallions, sliced for garnish
1. In a medium pot, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Once cooked, fluff with a fork, then set aside.
2. In a large pan, heat oil, then sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots. Stir until vegetables are tender.
4. Return cooked quinoa to the pan. Add peas and stir until well-mixed. Create a space in the middle of the pan, add the eggs and scramble. Once the egg is cooked, stir it in with the rest of the dish.
5. Add the soy sauce and give the dish a final stir.
6. Serve while hot. Garnish with sliced scallions (optional).
Inspired by Damn Delicious.