On May 26, Tasty opened things up to YOU! We wanted you to pick the next Tasty recipe, and you certainly delivered!
Honey Mustard Chicken Tater Tot Nachos
Here's a video that shows you how it's made:
Servings: 6 - 8
For the tots:
2 pounds frozen tater tots
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ red onion, sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup monterey jack cheese
For the honey mustard sauce:
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, sliced
2 scallions, sliced
1. Place frozen tater tots on a baking sheet and bake at 450˚F / 230˚C for 20 minutes, or until crispy. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss chicken thighs with 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
3. In a cast iron skillet, cook on high heat until there is a nice brown sear on the surface of the chicken, and the inside is no longer pink. Roughly four minutes each side. Set chicken aside, then cook onions until caramelized. Remove onions and set aside.
4. Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes.
5. Wipe the skillet of excess fat, then layer with cooked tater tots. Top with chicken.
6. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for honey mustard dressing.
7. Pour the dressing on the chicken and tots. Top with onion, then cheddar and Monterey jack cheese. Broil from 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Load the dish with tomatoes, avocados, sour cream, and scallions. Serve immediately.