Creamed Spinach And Egg Bowl
Here's a video that shows you how it's made:
6 Tbsp. butter
1/4 diced onion
1/4 cup flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp black pepper
1 sourdough bread bowl
1 slice Mozzarella cheese
1. In a large pan, sauté spinach until cooked then place in a strainer to drain excess water.
2. Melt butter and cook onion until soft. Whisk in flour. Make sure there are no lumps. Add cream and milk, then stir until thickened.
3. Return spinach to mixture. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper, then stir until fully incorporated.
4. Hollow out a sourdough bowl, line the hole with mozzarella cheese, then spoon creamed spinach in. Spoon a dip in the middle, then crack an egg in the dip so it doesn't fall out of the bowl.
5. Bake at 350˚F / 175˚C for 25 minutes, until the egg is set and the white has solidified.
6. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!