Color-Changing Frozen Mojito
Watch how it's made here:
For Blue Ice
3 cups water
3 ounces red cabbage, julienned
1 cup sugar
For Lime Ice
½ cup lime juice
1½ cups water
10 mint leaves
2 tablespoons white rum
1. Add water and red cabbage to a medium-size pot. Bring the water to a boil, then strain the cabbage in a sieve over a bowl to reserve the blue liquid.
2. Pour the strained blue water into an ice tray. You will be left with 1 cup of blue water. Reserve the water and free the ice tray for 6 hours, to overnight.
3. Add the reserved blue water to a pot with the sugar and bring to a boil until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
4. Combine the lime juice with 1½ cups of water and stir to combine. Pour the lime mixture into an ice tray and freeze for 6 hours, up to overnight.
5. Add the blue ice cubes to a blender and blend until finely crushed. Put the crushed blue ice in a glass.
6. Wash the blender well. Add the lime ice cubes and mint leaves. Blend until finely crushed. Put the crushed lime and mint ice on top of the blue ice.
7. Slowly pour the white rum and blue simple syrup. Top with a sprig of mint.