1. After criss-crossing the globe on a festival headlining tour that will have taken them everywhere from California to Finland and Japan, Outkast will play a blowout homecoming show in their native Atlanta, the duo has announced.
They’re calling it #ATLast and it’s happening September 27 at Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park.
Big Boi and Andre 3000 are basically the godfathers of Atlanta hip-hop and have inspired every generation of subsequent superstars the city has produced, from T.I. to Janelle Monae to Future.
And they aren’t just performing at the Centennial Park show, they’re “curating” it, so expect lots of special guests.
Outkast’s tour started out a little rocky with their first reunion show at Coachella in April, but each successive concert has gotten better and better reviews. A recent gig in Georgia for the CounterPoint Music Festival in Kingston Downs was reportedly one of their best, so you just know that when they finally play a show in Atlanta, it’s going to be pandemonium.
4. Tickets go on sale next Wednesday, June 18 at 10:00 am EST. You can buy them here.
- The US Department of Justice will keep defending Muslims under Donald Trump, top Obama administration officials said Monday.
- At least 36 people died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Prosecutors say murder charges are possible.
- Facebook, Microsoft, Twitter, and YouTube are teaming up to target and remove terrorist content on their platforms 💻📌
- Nordstrom is selling a stone wrapped in a leather case for $85 and people are…confused ⁉️😂