Sweet Potato Tornado
4 small sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1½ teaspoons seasoned salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon chilli powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC.
2. Microwave the sweet potatoes for 60-90 seconds. Carefully remove from the microwave with a towel and then cut off the top and bottom.
3. Stick a skewer through the center of each sweet potato all the way through to the other side. Leave at least two inches of skewer on either side of the potatoes (one potato per skewer).
4. Hold a sharp, thin knife at an angle and carefully cut in the opposite direction you are turning the skewered potato.
5. Gently fan out the potato toward the ends of the skewer, until you have an even gap between the slices forming the spiral.
6. Melt the butter and stir in the salt, onion powder and chilli powder, then spoon it over the potatoes.
7. Balance the ends of the skewers over a baking dish so the potatoes are hovering over the bottom of the sheet.
8. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until nicely browned and cooked through.
9. Garnish with sliced scallions and dip in ranch dressing.
10. Pair with a Redd’s Apple Ale and enjoy!