Beer Batter Apple Rings
1¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 bottle (12 ounces) Redd’s Apple Ale
3-4 red apples
¼ cup powdered sugar
Frying oil (vegetable, canola, or peanut)
1. Heat oil in a large pot so it’s at least 4 inches deep. If you have a thermometer, be sure the oil reaches at least 360ºF for frying.
2. In a bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, and Redd’s Apple Ale until smooth.
3. Slice off the top and bottom of the apples, and slice each apple into ½-inch thick rounds.
4. With a teaspoon or large piping tip, cut out a circle in the center of the apple ring to make it look like a donut.
5. With a paper towel, pat down the apple slices.
6. Dip the apple slices in the batter and fry them two to three at a time. Flip each apple slice once during frying and fry until both sides are golden brown. Carefully remove from the oil and place onto paper towels or a drying rack.
7. Cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.