1. A carabiner makes it quick and easy to secure your dog with its leash when you're in public.
2. Skedattle is a great way to naturally keep mosquitoes and ticks from bothering your dog
3. You can also convert your dog into a mobile bottle opener.
4. Look for the extra money to start piling up from dog ownership.
5. If your dog eats too fast, put a ball in their food.
6. Dampen a rubber glove and run it over your furniture to get long dog hair removed.
7. A plastic pitcher makes for the perfect dog food dispenser.
8. Put another collar around your retractable leash so that when needed, you can slip your arm through to use both hands. (For instance, when checking the mail).
9. When your dog gets loose, don't chase it; lie down and pretend you're hurt.
10. Know doggy CPR.
11. Play fetch downhill to tire your dog out faster
12. Stop your dogs from making a mess (or stepping in) their dog bowls.
13. Old jeans make great dog toys.
14. You can easily remove pet hair from your carpet with a squeegee.
15. Know your dog's language.
16. Extra kitchen drawer? Use it for your dry dog food.
17. Make your own pill pocket for medicine.
18. Make an ice lick on hot days for your little buddy.
19. Make your dog shampoo last longer.
20. Use baking soda to get pet urine out of your carpet.
21. Memorize and know what can harm your dog and what shouldn't be left in the open.
22. If your dog hates when you try to brush its teeth, squeeze some enzymatic dog toothpaste onto a Nylabone or rope toy.
23. Instead of spending money on Kong stuffing, use cheese or small amounts of peanut butter. Your dog loves the flavor and it will take more work to get it out.
24. Want your dog’s breath to smell better? Sprinkle some parsley on their food.
25. If your dog isn’t feeling well, add some low-sodium chicken broth to the drinking water.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!