Read This Post If You're A Young Canadian Looking For Work
If you're feeling at all pessimistic about work, these might help.
We asked 10 young Canadians how they feel about the future of work at an event hosted by RBC Future Launch, and tbh their responses are pretty life-changing.
Prepare to learn a bunch about skills, networking, work-integrated learning, and mental well-being.
On work-integrated learning:
1. Work-integrated learning is a great opportunity to try new things and figure out who you are.
2. And more people will choose work that contributes something meaningful to the world.
3. We’re coming to learn that failure at work is OK and actually an important part of the learning process.
4. You're not always going to have everything figured out, and that's okay!
5. There are a few gaps in education...but that might be OK.
6. We're recognizing the value of learning new skills, and surrounding ourselves with people who can enable that.
7. Having a core network is a matter of finding the right people.
8. Don't think of networking as networking, and you might be more comfortable with it.
On mental well-being:
9. It's all about balance. ⚖️
10. Don't be scared to be vulnerable.
How are you feeling about the future of work? Scared? Excited? Nervous? Let us know in the comments below.👇
Some quotes have been edited for length and clarity.
All images via RBC unless otherwise noted.