Handheld power drill with a 5/16 drill bit
Box of matches
Soap pump lid from an old dispenser
1. Trace the lid of your mason jar on the cap of your salt container.
2. Carefully cut it out.
3. Place the cut out over your mason jar and secure it with the mason jar band.
1. In the middle of your mason jar lid, mark a small “X”.
2. Using a 5/16 drill bit, carefully drill through the lid.
3. Carefully take your 5/16 grommet and secure it into the hole.
4. Place the mason jar lid over the mason jar and secure with the mason jar band.
5. Insert a straw through the grommet. Make sure all pieces, including the mason jar, have been cleaned before using.
1. On the sleeve of a box of matches, trace out the lid of your mason jar. Make sure to include the strike surface in your outline.
2. Carefully cut out the lid outline.
3. Place matches in your mason jar.
4. Add the mason jar lid, followed by the lid outline, then secure with the mason jar band.
1. Using a 1 ⅜ circle drill saw, carefully drill through your mason jar lid.
2. Take the pump from a soap dispenser and use hot glue to attach it to your mason jar lid.
3. Place the lid with the attached pump over your mason and secure with the mason jar band. Make sure all pieces, including the mason jar, have been cleaned before using.