1. Grace Ciao, a 22-year-old student in Singapore, has just begun using an unconventional medium for her fashion design habit: designing dresses with petals instead of ink or fabric.
4. Grace told BuzzFeed she’s had a love of fashion since she was a little girl, and would make dresses for her Barbie dolls from scraps her grandmother gave her.
7. The artist said she started using petals purely by accident, when she noticed a red rose a boy had given her was dying.
“I remembered how beautiful it used to be and wanted to ‘preserve’ this beauty. So I made fashion illustrations out of them,” she told BuzzFeed.
“These outfits are made entirely out of a single stalk of a rose!”
10. Although she’s currently in business school in Singapore, Grace said she does freelance fashion illustrations in her spare time, ranging from everyday wear to bridal wear and haute couture.
13. Grace said her favorite flowers to work with are those that have multiple shades, like lilies and carnations.
“They help me create prints which I otherwise couldn’t have thought of,” she said, adding, “I think petals work really well for illustration also because their delicacy and exquisiteness mimic those of a soft fabric.”
16. Check out more of her work at GraceCiao.com
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚