1. A Titanic fan just proposed an amazing theory about Jack’s true purpose in the film that might change how you see the movie forever.
3. According to the theory, Jack was actually a time traveler.
5. And he was only on the Titanic to save Rose from committing suicide, and altering time forever.
7. “This may seem ridiculous but think about it for a moment… if Rose jumped to her demise then the ship would have stopped to look for her,” the writer said.
The temporary delay would lead to warmer weather, and the Titanic likely would never have hit the iceberg.
9. Which is why Jack spent so much time with Rose, in order to ensure her survival.
11. Here’s the evidence: First, Jack doesn’t have any currency for this time period, so he has to gamble in order to get the ticket at all.
13. He mentions fishing at Lake Wissota — a man-made lake that was built in 1917, five years after the Titanic sank.
15. His haircut and rucksack were completely out of place for the era, with the latter being popularized in the 1930s.
17. And he tells Rose he’ll take her on the roller coaster on the Santa Monica Pier, which wouldn’t even be built until 1916.
19. So the only logical conclusion is that Jack must be a time traveler.
Or James Cameron hired some budget fact checkers.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists says they've discovered an 8th continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩