1. Let’s take a trip back in time. The year is 2010. The Black Eyed Peas are dominating the record charts. But a lesser-known band has broken out. They play rock music. With actual instruments. It’s…The Black Keys.
3. Though the band had been around for nearly a decade, their 2010 album, Brothers, finally got them noticed by the big wigs at MTV, and they won a VMA for Breakthrough Video.
But it wasn’t quite enough to erase that other band, as shown by this hilarious throwback picture shared by the band’s drummer, Patrick Carney.
His only comment? “:(“
Carney had a bit more to say at the time, lamenting to Rolling Stone:
“This isn’t the first time they have fucked up our shit with the Black Eyed Peas. In 2003 they played our video for ‘Set you Free’ on TRL labeled as the Black Eyed Peas. It’s fitting for us that when we win our first award it’s mislabeled. Hopefully we win their Grammy as well one day! We actually don’t give a shit about this, though. It’s funny.”
6. Damn you, Peas!
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass, overturned benches, and tossed a Bible inside a Colorado mosque early Sunday morning.
- United Airlines stopped 3 girls from flying because they were wearing leggings. The rule applies to travelers on "company benefit travel."
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴