1. This is Peeps, a newborn duckling.
3. “Ducks are very social, raising a single duck is basically a death sentence, they will die of loneliness,” he wrote.
4. The new dad decided to try to keep the duckling company. “Peeps doesn’t have a mother’s wing to go under, so my beard had to do,” Brian said.
He added, “Pro tip: Best time for social interaction is after the food dish has been empty a few hours. Do not feed then socialize, unless you do it outside. You will get pooped on, repeatedly.”
5. Also, “You will get pecked, but it doesn’t hurt. Unless it’s your eyeball. That hurts.”
6. Brian and Peeps became best friends.
7. This is Peeps at 25 days old. They grow up so fast!
8. And Peeps after 45 days.
9. Brian now has three more eggs incubating. “Peeps will have some friends in time for spring,” he wrote.
All photos via Reddit.
- The Army Corps of Engineers and North Dakota police have ordered protesters to leave the Dakota Access Pipeline site by this afternoon or face arrest.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force President Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- #Peggygate: West Elm offers full refunds for the notoriously disintegrating Peggy Couch days after pulling it from its website 👏