You Aren't Going To Believe These Crab Cakes Are Vegan
Crab is expensive, make these as a delicious alternative!
Vegan Crab Cakes
Watch the recipe video here:
1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 15-ounce can hearts of palm, drained, rinsed and cut into large chunks
1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
1½ cups panko bread crumbs, divided
¾ cup vegan mayonnaise, divided
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
Oil, for frying
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
Dill, to serve
1. Add chickpeas, hearts of palm, and artichoke hearts to food processor. Pulse until mixture is chopped, yet still slightly chunky.
2. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl and add 1 cup of bread crumbs, ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning, and mix well.
3. Form the mixture into 6 1-inch thick patties.
4. Dip each patty in remaining ½ cup of bread crumbs.
5. Heat a pan of oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry each patty for 3-6 minutes per side, until golden brown.
6. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
7. For tartar sauce, combine ½ cup vegan mayo, relish, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in mixing bowl.
8. Top the patties with tartar sauce, dill, and lemon juice.