Unless otherwise stated, all sizes in this post are listed in women's.
1. A short-sleeve linen button-up to serve as an essential part of your mix-and-match vacay wardrobe. And since the breathable linen will only soften and get better over time, you're looking at a must-pack for years and years to come.
2. A ribbed racerback dress you can dress up or down with just a few simple accessory choices. Even with the same pair of sandals, you can do a casual hat for touring during the day and swap for gold jewelry for dinner. A carry-on–only traveler's dream.
3. A classic tee because DUH. Is there any greater article of clothing than a T-shirt? That layerable wonder. That beacon of comfort. That winner of the Easily Washable and Dryable award season after season. O! Mighty T-shirt! How could we travel without you?
4. Tie-waist cheesecloth shorts so your buns and thighs don't have to sweat it out as you wander your new destination. And while you could totally use these as a beach cover-up, I love how chic they look styled with a tee and button-up below as well.
5. A denim mini skirt that is ready to make a statement while also conveniently matching literally every top you brought. Well that worked out, now didn't it?
6. A satin slip dress — I've been traveling a lot lately and at this point wear a slip dress 50% of the time. It's a breezy pick for hot days, a date night no-brainer, and is trendy to boot.
7. A crochet pullover if you want to bring a spare layer but your summer travel destinations simply don't justify a full sweatshirt or cardi. This is the perfect in-between, and lucky for you, breezy crochet is really ~in~ right now anyway.
8. A one-piece swimsuit to throw in your bag whether or not you're sure a pool or beach day is in your future. Leave room for spontaneity! You never know when a body of water may reveal itself to you if you keep your travel plans loose. (Lol, it's also good if you know you're gonna be swimming, just to be clear.)
9. A notch-neck linen top so when in doubt, you have the perfect top to throw on with literally any bottoms. Jeans? Shorts? Skirts? Check, check, check.
10. A square-neck mini dress if you're the kind of person who feels at home in an A-line. Pack what you're comfortable in! This will be comfortable and cute literally no matter the occasion.
11. A cropped crochet tank that says "I'm on vacation," without absolutely screaming it, ya know what I mean? That's usually the balance I'm trying to strike when packing for a trip: rocking some fun fits without obviously revealing myself as a tourist.
12. A pair of linen shorts available in a few neutrals but — more enticingly, imo — in a few brights so you can let your leggies breathe and add a pop of color to your fit in one fell swoop.
13. A textured cotton button-up whose gauzy feel is perfect for anyone looking for a little extra sun coverage during the day without overheating. It also doubles as a light layer for cool nights. Versatility!
14. Or a traditional button-up in a fun vertical stripe just in case. When I travel with something like this it always becomes a tried and true piece, ready to step in as a stand-alone top, an effortless layer, or even a belt if I tie it around the waist of a dress.
15. A ribbed jersey tank it's a miracle you've travelled for so long without. Let's not waste any more trips without bringing your new adventure BFF, huh?
16. An easy breezy mini skirt with a comfortable elastic waistband if you want as little restriction as possible as you explore. Its fabric also has crinkle texture which works double duty at looking unique and chic and hiding any wrinkles from your haphazard packing.
17. A button-up linen midi dress that's wayyyy too cute to leave behind. It'll be the cherry on top of rooftop drinks, strolls through the city, beach walks, and so much more.
18. Relaxed Tencel dress shorts for anyone who likes feeling a little more dressed up but can't bring themselves to fully wear trousers OOO. I present to you a happy medium.
19. A pair of wide-leg jeans if you, like me, love jeans and find any excuse to wear them. Can some denim be uncomfortable? Yes. But when you find the right pair, like these flowy ones could be for you, all is right in the world. And if you're challenging yourself to only pack one pair of pants, denim is probably your best bet.
20. A printed jersey dress that serves as a full, stunning fit with little to no effort. If you know you have a nice dinner or two planned but don't want to take up too much luggage space bringing a ~fancy~ outfit, this low-fuss, high-impact dress is The One.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.