1. "First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity."
2. "Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
3. "Thou art to me a delicious torment."
4. "Love is like a fever which comes and goes quite independently of the will. … there are no limits for love."
5. "Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war."
6. "Love is the very difficult understanding that something other than yourself is real."
7. "Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all."
8. "I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
- Mother Theresa
9. "Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses."
10. "The hottest love has the coldest end."