1. Heart Pumpkin
This pumpkin-turned-candy holder was created by Kim from Pop Cosmo. Using a craft pumpkin makes this a non-messy carving project.
Materials: a craft pumpkin, a carving knife, a paint brush, gold paint, Mod Podge, scissors, gold glitter paper, ribbon in a black and white pattern (look for a lightweight ribbon or a non-sheer patterned wash-style craft tape).
1. With your pencil, mark the area where you will carve the top of the pumpkin, then use your craft knife to carve the top of the craft.
2. Apply Mod Podge in a stripe down the length of the pumpkin where you will be placing your ribbon.
3. Firmly press your ribbon against the Mod Podge and let sit a moment. Then place Mod Podge on top of the ribbon to glue it to the pumpkin (so your ribbon will be glued to the pumpkin from the top and bottom). Let dry completely.
4. Paint the stem gold.
5.Trace a heart to the size and shape of your liking on the back of your glitter paper. Cut out the heart shape, apply modge podge to the back, and apply to the pumpkin.
6. Cover the hole inside with paper, place it on a plate, and fill it with candy.
Fill with treats and use as a costume party centerpiece.
2. Creepy Crawly Clutch
Fran from Fall for DIY created this amazing and spooky clutch. Seasonal and way more stylish than your average candy bag.
Materials: 1/2 meter clear PVC plastic, soap, plastic creepy crawlies or other gruesome props, strong waterproof glue, and velcro.
1. Cut out 4 rectangles of clear PVC, two with the dimensions 20cm X 35cm and the other two larger at 35cm X 35cm.
2. Glue three sides of both rectangles together leaving one of the shorter edges open to create two pouches. Make sure there are no small gaps along the sides. Run your finger along the glued edges to evenly spread and secure in place.
3. Pour the soap in the pouches, (take care not to get soap on the opening.) The clutch shown used 1 1/2” bottles of soap. Fill with your critters and seal the top securely with glue.
4. You should now have two sacks of pretty gruesome looking stuff. Take your smaller bag and spread glue along the two shorter edges and one of the longer sides.
5. Press the glued sides onto the larger piece to create the clutch bag.
6. Fold the extra section from the larger pouch over the smaller pouch and glue the velco on the keep secure.
That’s it! Fill it with candy or other Halloween treats (or tricks) for a super scary clutch that’s perfect for the party.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- Turkey and Israel signed a deal on Tuesday officially restoring ties between the two countries, Reuters reports.
- It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed. Ready for November? You can register right here 🇺🇸