1. Bunny Ear Beanie
This adorable bunny-eared beanie was created by Juni from Hej Juni. A fall accessory that’s sure to stand out from the crowd.
Materials: confetti, needle and thread, a paint brush, mod podge, a beanie, fabric that matches your beanie as closely as possible, scissors, pen, and thin wire.
1. Place one piece of fabric over the other, flip side up. Pin in place.
2. Draw bunny ears onto one side.
3. Following the lines you’ve drawn, do a whip stitch through both pieces of fabric. Leave a gap at the bottom.
4. Cut around the bunny ears, outside of your stitches. Don’t worry if it’s messy, this will be hidden in a bit.
5. Pull bunny ears right side out through the gap.
6. Paint the front of the bunny ears with a layer of mod podge.
7. Sprinkle the mod podge with confetti. Shake gently to remove any excess and let dry.
8. Apply another layer of mod podge generously. It’s best to dab on this layer in blobs. Allow to dry.
9. While waiting for the mod podge to dry, bend a piece of wire into bunny ears.
10. Insert the wire into the ears through the gap.
11. Sew the base of the bunny ears onto the top of your beanie.
And you’re done!
Wilma from By Wilma created this snazzy planters in a just a few easy steps.
Supplies: terracotta planters, two sponge brushes (one to be used for paint, one for mod podge), white acrylic paint, mod podge matte finish, gold (or colorful) confetti.
1. Give your planters three layers of white paint. Brush the first one onto the planters, stamp the second one, and brush the last one. This way you will get a nice, kind of rough, structure on your planters.
2. Brush mod podge on the bottom half of the planters.
3. Sprinkle confetti on top of the Mod Podge. Press it onto the planters with your fingers so it stick.
4. Finish with a layer of mod podge on top. Through the way it dries, the matte finish Mod Podge will make the gold confetti look a little like gold leaf.
All set! Way to cheer up your desk plants.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- And people with disabilities are having their photos stolen and Facebook isn't helping them.