5 large egg white
3 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, halved
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
fresh chive, chopped, for garnish
1. Separate the egg whites and the egg yolks in two separate bowls. Youâll only need 3 yolks, so discard the other 2 or reserve for another use.
2. Whisk the egg yolks until they become homogenous and pale in color. Set aside.
3. Transfer the egg whites to a large bowl and whisk until they triple in size and become white with medium peaks.
4. Carefully fold the egg yolks into the egg whites until fully incorporated.
5. Pour the egg mixture into a medium nonstick frying pan with a lid. Cook over medium-low heat until bottom of omelet has set, about 5 minutes.
6. Lift up each side of the omelette and drop a tablespoon of butter underneath.
7. Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the top of the omelet has set.
8. Remove the lid and season the omelet with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
9. Fold the omelette onto a plate and sprinkle with chives.