1. Creamy Scalloped Potatoes With Kale
1½ -2 pounds russet potatoes, washed and peeled
1 bunch kale, washed
¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
¼ cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
¼ cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoon flour
1½ cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1. Thinly sliced the potatoes, roughly ¼-inch thick.
2. Remove stems from kale and cut into ¾ inch-1 inch pieces.
3. For the Béchamel sauce, add butter and garlic to a saucepan on medium heat and sauté until aromatic.
4. Add flour and mix until mixture browns slightly.
5. Add milk, salt, and pepper and simmer on low heat until mixture thickens.
6. In a medium-sized oven dish, lay a hefty bed of kale adding olive oil, salt, and pepper and gently mixing.
7. Starting from one side layer your potatoes across the kale covering the entire dish.
8. Gently press the potatoes and kale mixture down to make more room in the dish.
9. Drizzle half of the Béchamel sauce across all of the potatoes.
10. Repeat the process and add another layer of kale, olive oil, salt, pepper, and potatoes and cover with remaining sauce.
11. Garnish to taste with parmesan, Gruyère, and bread crumbs
12. Bake at 350°F/170°C for 30 minutes covered. Remove cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.