Bacon Avocado Brussels Sprout Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
Here's a video that shows you how to make it:
20 Brussels sprouts, shaved
1 avocado, diced
6 green onions, diced
1 cup spinach
7 bacon slices cut into ½-inch pieces
⅓ cup Parmesan
¼ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup sliced almonds (slicing optional)
4 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1. In a small bowl, prepare the vinaigrette.
2. Juice one lemon into the bowl and remove the seeds.
3. Add the Dijon mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper. Whisk together.
4. Once mixed, slowly add the olive oil while continuing to whisk until evenly blended.
5. Set aside until ready to dress the salad.
6. Prepare the salad. Slice off the stem of the Brussels sprouts and cut each one in half. Thinly slice the half horizontally, shaving the Brussels sprouts.
7. In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and spinach.
8. Add the rest of the salad ingredients.
9. Pour the dressing evenly over the bowl.
10. Toss thoroughly until well mixed.