1. You're old enough to have a highly valued opinion...
2. ...but you're young enough to have your mind changed.
3. You're no longer as concerned with what people think of your clothes and demeanor...
A sweatshirt around the waist just makes SENSE.
4. ...and all that "not caring" actually makes you more powerful.
5. You finally know which lines are worth waiting in and which aren't.
6. You're at the peak of self-confidence, self-reliance, and self-love...
7. ...which means you don't have to keep "trying" yoga.
8. You figure out which snacks will make you feel better rather than worse.
Less is more.
9. You've finally focused your career plans — kind of.
10. You stop wasting your energy on things you just don't want to do...
11. ...but you're still able to keep up with the youngins.
If they haven't arrived by 40, they might by 50. More people than ever are having babies in their 40s.
12. You know your limit.
And you've learned the magic of pairing every drink with a glass of water.
13. You're no longer concerned with beating everyone else in the office rat race.
Leave that to the thirtysomethings and their slim-cut suits.
14. You know enough about the world to know that vacation days are meant to be used.
You're in good company, too. The average age of U.S. leisure travelers is 47.5 years old.
15. And you've stopped counting on the idea of a "soulmate"...
16. ...because by 40, you can count on yourself for all that love.
"I love you, but I love me more." — Samantha Jones