Cheesy Carrot Tots
* 450g carrots, small dice
* 60 ml water
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 75 g small diced onion
* 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
* 55 g shredded Parmesan
* 85 g breadcrumbs
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 teaspoons salt
* ½ teaspoon pepper
* 2 eggs, whisked
1. Place carrots and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a small opening for steam to escape. Microwave in 2- minute intervals, stirring in between, until you can stick a fork through the carrots.
2. Drain excess water and place carrots in food processor. Process carrots until broken down into little pieces. Pour into a large bowl.
3. Heat olive oil in a small pan. Saute onion in the oil until translucent, 4–-5 minutes. Add onions to carrots. Mix in the rest of the ingredients, until well combined. Refrigerate mixture for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 190ºC when ready to make tots.
4. Shape each tot by scooping out about a tablespoon of carrot mixture into your palm. Gently press into a tot shape, then place on a parchment- lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20–-25 minutes, until browned and crispy. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve!